The History of the Dutch Oven Shops 

 One summer back in the 1930's, Mr. and Mrs. Flay Lacy came to Alanson from Florida and decided to open a bakery. Mr. Lacy built the building pictured above and named it The Dutch Oven. He made famous (and it still is) the Cinnamon Bread and turned out baked goods for many years to the delight of everyone.

Cliff and Gladys Durlin bought the bakery in 1960. The Yolanda Gift shop (now the Yarn Shop) opened in 1947. It was once a paint shop, and it flourished for many years under the slogan "A thing of beauty is a joy forever". They eventually bought the Gift Shop, which was a separate building and physically combined the two businesses.

Rudolf and Mary Burgherr bought the business in 1970, continued the tradition of the Cinnamon Bread, and expanded the bakery business over the next 33 years. Mary transformed the Gift Shop into the Yarn Shop and sold it to June and Jim Rico.

In September 2003, John Sirvaitis and Theresa Sirvaitis became the new owners of the Bakery and are looking forward to making delicious baked goods for the visitors of the Dutch Oven Shops for many years to come. So stop by for a visit in our beautiful Village and try our baked delicacies.

In 2012, Theresa Sirvaitis became the sole owner of the Bakery.

Have a great day!


Our mission is simple: to provide the best products and service to our customers at the lowest prices possible. We take great pride in our company, our commitment to customer service and in the products we sell. Our online store is designed to provide you with a safe and secure environment to browse our product catalog.